Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA)
This IQA qualification is suitable for you if you wish to obtain the Internal Verifier / Moderator role and quality assure assessors and assessment within the work environment.
The Level 4 Award (previously V1 award) in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) is a 12 credit and 90 guided learning hour qualification consisting of 2 mandatory units. (Identified in the Course Structure.)
This qualification replaces the V1. It is part of the new suite of qualifications for assessors and internal quality assurers (IQA).
This qualification is required for:
- Verifiers involved in National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) for the next three years.
- Those who deliver these qualifications will need to be qualified to meet the requirements of the NVQ Code of Practice and Sector Skills Councils assessment strategies.
- Quality assurance staff who deliver QCF qualifications that use the term ‘NVQ’ in their title will also need these qualifications.
- Some staff, who are quality assuring qualifications within the QCF framework that do not use the term ‘NVQ’ in their titles, but whose purpose is to confirm occupational competence, will need to hold this IQA qualification.
This qualification will be helpful for teachers in schools who deliver vocational qualifications with applied learning, such as BTEC Firsts and Nationals.
Unit 1: Understanding Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment which provides the opportunity to relate underpinning knowledge and understanding to practice of internal quality assurance. Sharing knowledge and experience with peers and colleagues provides an opportunity both to share good practice and to reflect on assessment approaches.
Unit 2: This unit will give you the opportunity to apply the principles and requirements of internal quality assurance to a real working context and identify ways in which to develop and improve your practice.
Assessment should focus on real work activities so that naturally occurring evidence can be assessed.
The range of direct evidence MUST include:
- monitoring of a minimum of TWO assessors
- assessment of a minimum of TWO candidates per assessor
- observation of practice
- examination of products of work
These can be supplemented, where necessary, with professional discussion, reflective accounts or witness statements.
This course can be delivered internationally, we have extensive quality assurance systems, and all our courses delivered overseas are subject to the same standards as those taught within the UK. You must have a qualified Internal verifier (IV) in the workplace to complete your required observations, they must have an UK recognised Internal quality assurance (IQA – IV) qualification or equivalent. You will also have daily access to our tutor support team here in the UK, they are available, Monday to Friday via email and telephone.
On successful completion of this course, the learner will achieve a UK recognised, fully accredited qualification/certificate – Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance (IQA)